International awareness and negotiating skills are fostered in the subject field of International Studies, as well as increased modern language skills and participation in various international projects.
- Fostering of international consciousness and competence
- Subject field 'International Studies' taught through Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
- Tuition in another modern language
- Increased authentic language input through team teaching with Native Speaker Teachers (NSTs)
- Utilisation of the European Language Portfolio
The subject field of International Studies incorporates various subject areas, including political and peace education, intercultural studies etc., as well as including topics taken from across the curriculum and taught using a CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) approach. This means that English is used as the language of instruction in various subjects; however the subject matter from International Studies is also integrated into language lessons.
PTS/IRPC 1070 Burggasse 14-16
AHS 1210 Ödenburgerstraße 74