Skills that are necessary for living and working in a common Europe are acquiredby pupils attending European Primary Schools. The European Dimension is integrated into the subject field known as European Studies, where the emphasis is on European language and citizenship skills, as well as participation in EU projects.
- The European Dimension as an integral part of the curriculum
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
- Team teaching with English Native Speaker Teachers (NSTs)
- European education projects, in particular with the neighbouring countries Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia
- From Year 3 onwards (depending on available resources) optional tuition in other languages
Lessons in the subject field European Studies provide an opportunity to explore the concept of the European dimension, as well as the chance to become acquainted with another modern language, from Year 3 onwards, depending on available resources. English is used as the working language (CLIL - Content and Language Integrated Learning) in other subjects, such as science, maths, music or art, supported by a Native Speaker Teacher. The content matter of lessons in European Studies is also integrated into language lessons.
European Primary Schools
VS 1070 Neustiftgasse 98-102
VS 1150 Goldschlagstraße 14-16